Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Lembas Bread Leaf Wrapper (the Lord of the Rings)

I wanted to make something from the Lord of the Rings so bad. (I love those movies so much. It's an obsession hehe ;D ) I got the great idea to make leaf wraps for the Lembas Bread. I just thought it looked really cool. (Yah I'm a huge geek :P) Plus with Valentine's day coming up wouldn't that make an awesome gift wrap? ;) What do you think?

I used the picture on this site to make it, just so I could visually get the shape down since in the movie they didn't really show it all unwrapped or it flashed by so quickly I couldn't see.

Please refrain from the *it looks like male parts* jokes. Yes I know, but that is the shape it is supposed to be. It is a leaf that can wrap around to hold things, it needs to be long.
Thanks for looking :D











Lembas Bread Leaf Wrapper

© April Folts 2011

Hook size: H

Gauge: 4 inches = 13 stitches-14 rows

Abbreviations
Sc= single crochet
Ss= slip stitch
Ch= chain
Sc2tog= single crochet 2 together (or 1 dec stitch)
FO= Fasten off


Middle Leaf

Form a magic circle, ch 1
Row 1: 1 sc in ring, ch 1, turn (1)
Row 2: 2 sc in next sc, ch 1, turn (2)
Row 3: 2 sc in each sc, ch 1, turn (4)
Row 4: 4 sc, ch 1, turn (4)
Row 5: 2 sc in next sc, 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc, ch 1, turn (6)
Row 6: 6 sc, ch 1, turn
Row 7: 2 sc in next sc, 4 sc, 2 sc in next sc, ch 1, turn (8)
Row 8: 8 sc, ch 1, turn
Row 9: 2 sc in next sc, 6 sc, 2 sc in next sc, ch 1, turn (10)
Row 10: 10 sc, ch 1, turn
Row 11: 2 sc in next sc, 8 sc, 2 sc in next sc, ch 1, turn (12)
Row 12-19: 12 sc, ch 1, turn (8 rows)
Row 20: sc2tog, 8 sc, sc2tog, ch 1, turn (10)
Row 21-24: 10 sc, ch 1, turn (4 rows)
Row 25: sc2tog, 6 sc, sc2tog, ch 1, turn (8)
Row 26-28: 8 sc, ch 1, turn (3 rows)
Row 29: sc2tog, 4 sc, sc2tog, ch 1, turn (6)
Row 30 & 31: 6 sc, ch 1, turn (2 rows)
Row 32: sc2tog, 2 sc, sc2tog, ch 1, turn (4)
Row 33: 4 sc, ch 1, turn (4)
Row 34: sc2tog 2 times, ch 1, turn
Row 35: sc2tog 1 time, sc around entire piece, 1 ss, FO

Little Leaf (make 2)


Form a magic circle, ch 1
Row 1: 4 sc in ring, ch 1, turn (4)
Row 2: 2 sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc, ch 1, turn (6)
Row 3: 2 sc in next sc, 4 sc in next sc, ch 1, turn (8)
Row 4: 2 sc in next sc, 6 sc in next sc, ch 1, turn (10)
Row 5: 2 sc in next sc, 8 sc in next sc, ch 1, turn (12)
Row 6: 2 sc in next sc, 10 sc in next sc, ch 1, turn (14)
Row 7: sc2tog, 10 sc, sc2tog, ch 1, turn (12)
Row 8-10: 12 sc, ch 1, turn (3 rows)
Row 11: sc2tog, 8 sc, sc2tog, ch 1, turn (10)
Row 12: sc2tog, 6 sc, sc2tog, ch 1, turn (8)
Row 13: sc2tog, 4 sc, sc2tog, ch 1, turn (6)
Row 14: sc2tog, 2 sc, sc2tog, ch 1, turn (4)
Row 15: sc2tog 2 times, ch 1, turn (2)
Row 16: sc2tog 1 time, ch 1, turn (1)
Sc around entire piece, 1 ss, FO

See picture for how to sew together

15 comments:

Team Chastain said...

I think it's awesome...I love that you made a wrapper with crochet...I would never have thought of something so cool.

AprilDraven said...

Thank You :D I was starting to think I was the only one who thought it was cool.

LeeAnn Purtha said...

I love your designs! They always make my day. And don't worry, I'm a hugeee lotr fan! Lemas bread leaf wrapper...genius! =]

K4TT said...

Being LOTR obsessed (to the point I actually learned a bit of elvish) and on my mind currently as it was just on over the weekend .. I think it is a BRILLIANT piece of stitchery. You did a wonderful job!

garo arad vaer

AprilDraven said...

Thanks you guys :) I might end up typing the pattern after all :D

Oly said...

it's a really good idea, i will realize the same for my boyfriend =)
what is the size? it could be really cool to bring bento at work....

(i'm making the complete fellowship in amigurumi, but i only finished Frodo and gandalf, Sam is in process :-) )

Erins Toy Store said...

Great idea! I love the LOTR movies and this is just a wonderful idea for those fans! Another job well done, as always!

Erin

AprilDraven said...

Thanks! I don't know what the size is. I already gave it to my friend :(

Oly said...

thanks for the pattern :-)

AprilDraven said...

You're Welcome! :)

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

You come up with the most CREATIVE things to crochet- I love this! Thanks so much for the pattern, I'll be spreading the word.

AprilDraven said...

awww thanks Rachel :)

jaybabe73 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
AprilDraven said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kara Snape said...

Hello! I'm sorry to disturb (and sorry my bad English is not my native language) but I have a question about the Little Leaf pattern. I'm learning to sew crochet, I sewed three months only.
My question is here:
Row 2: 2 sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc, ch 1, turn (6)......

I mean the 2sc mean 2 sc in a diferent p or a increase? and after 2sc there is a sc?
That is, they would be like, a increase and sc(3) or 3 sc in diferent p?

I sorry for the inconvenience and thank you! I love this pattern so much!